MBK Clinical Skincare Solutions Sensi Management products are specifically designed to enhance skin barrier function, hydrate, soothe and improve skin health for all skin types - even the most sensitive.
- My skin is so sensitive that I can't use any soap or cleanser on my face without it getting irritated.
- Soaps are highly alkaline and strip the skin of essential protective components. Using a gentle non-soap cleanser is your best choice for keeping skin free of dirt and debris without irritation.
- All skin care products make my skin red or give me a rash, so I just use a natural brand from the drug store
- Even an "all natural" or "organic" brand can cause irritation. Look for products that are backed by science and are free of dyes and fragrances to help prevent reactions.
- People with rosacea have acne
- Even though subtype 2 (papulopustular) rosacea often develop pimples, this myth is flat-out wrong. Bacteria, diet, lifestlye or hormone fluctuations cause acne, while rosacea is a malfunction of the immune system that causes inflammation and enlarged blood vessels. One clue to their difference is that rosacea doesn’t cause blackheads or whiteheads.
A deeper look at sensitive skin
- An impaired barrier leads to constant moisture loss
- Dry, flaky skin is common
- Visible redness is a sign of underlying and superficial inflammation
- Blood vessels are larger and therefore, more visible